Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Saute` & Sizzle:

This past weekend(November 2nd)  I was invited to attend an AKA event in downtown Richmond. I didnt know what to expect because it was my first year attending the Saute & Sizzle Event. But to much surprise I had a blast. The event was for local amateur chefs to show off their cooking skills and for the attendees to taste them. They also had a private biding where the proceeds benefited local community projects and provided scholarships to deserving students. Sabrina Squire from Channel 6 News was also there as the Mistress of the Ceremony.
Some of the food that I had a chance to were curry chicken & cabbage, fiesta lime chicken & rice, wingettes & peach cobbler, haitian griot with red beans & rice, fried turkey with dressing, mini cupcakes (yummy, red velvet was my favorite), shrimp & grits, strawberry in a cloud, lasagna, beyond chocolate cake & bread pudding, smoked mac n cheese & lots of water !!!!
I had a great time at the event with my family, it was nice to just have a girls night out & enjoy the festivities.

Sabrina Squire (in the green)

The invite

She's an AKA...My wonderful cousin. Love her too pieces

My aunt & I ....dressed too impress

The mini cakes.red velvet was my faaaavorite !!!!

On the left were the Shrimp & Grits...On the right was Strawberry in  a Cloud


The Lasagna King !

No comments:

Post a Comment